Monitoring other computers on a wireless network?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parallax

Solid State Member
I have a Linksys wireless router and a computer in the other room which uses the wireless card to communicate with the router. The router is connected to our cable modem and my other computer plugs directly into the router. I am wondering if there is a way I can use the computer that is connected directly to the router, to monitor what is going on on the other computer (the one that uses the wireless card) Both are using Windows XP.

what is it that you want to do? wht kind of monitoring?
if you are just looking for connection information, that is in the router. if your wanting to do remote access, XP has some built in, but there are other products that work better, can't think of th name, but I'm sure someone will. if your wanting to sniff the data, you will need to setup some more hardware and get some software as well, but It's not too overly complicated...
anyway, if you can describe what it is that you are wanting to do, it might provide a better answer to your questions.

I want to be able to see what sites are being looked at and maybe get passwords and such if possible.

the potential for what you want to do is what is scarry. I don't know you and so I don't know what to expect.
You could be looking for a way to collect information from your neighbors wireless.
So I'm not for one, going to provide that infomation. I would have been cool with everything up to the part you said Passwords. That's too much for me.

Like I said, sorry man...
maybe someone else would provide that information to you....

If the computer belongs to him, he has the right to monitor everything that happens on it.

If you want passwords stored and collected, go to www.download.com and look for something called a key logger. Basically what it does is it logs ever key that is typed.

-Dan The Man

Let me elaborate a little, these are both my computers, I'm not trying to get my neighbor's information, I really don't care about their computers.

The reason I want passwords is because my son keeps changing the password on my other computer as a joke, and I just want to find out what it is and change it again to freak him out. :cool: Also need to make sure he is not using certain programs on my computer that I told him not to use.

Anyways do I need to use a network sniffer or what? I have no idea what I'm doing here, don't know much about computers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom