Modem says unplugged when it is not...

Status
Not open for further replies.

sideshow775

Beta member
hello. I really need some help. When i go to my network connections it says that the modem is unplugged but I have checked the connections...even bought a new cable and it still says this. I don't really know too much about computers so if someone could please help me it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot

sorry I forgot to mention that out of the blue it works then a few hours later it is back to being unplugged when I haven't even touched the computer. Changes by itself....

A little more information. What type of Internet do you have? Are you directly connected to the modem (no router, just one computer)? What version of Windows are you using? Is the network card build-in to the motherboard or is it a PCI card. Have you done any spyware/virus scan and got rid of any thing like that off your system in the past?

Sympatico and yes i have a router. I have two computers using Windows XP. The netowork card is built in to the motherboard and yes my computer does spyware/virus scans once a day. Hope that helps

sorry it is a PCI card. I have one that is built -in but it stopped working so we put that PCI card in.

Be more specific, what exactly is Sympatico (DSL, Cable)? What exactly do you mean the modem is unplugged? Modem as in 56k phone modem or the DSL, Cable modem? Post a screen shot if you could.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom