Modem L.E.D. keep blinking

Status
Not open for further replies.

ck84

Baseband Member
When I open my computer, and connected to internet with ADSL Modem, i don't open any application that access to internet. But I see the L.E.D. at my modem there keep blinking as if I has open an application that access to the internet... What is the problem ? Is it that my computer is affected with virus, worm, or trojan ? If yes, how to fix it ?

Thankx in advance...

Do a scan just to check http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?threadid=117351

Certain legit programs, like Windows update, your anti-virus are probably checking for updated version or signature.

The modem light blinking could be a typical DHCP broadcast from your computer to the ISP back and forth.

The modem light blinking could be caused by outside port scanners, scanning for open ports and vulnerability. It happens to everyone, as long as you're behind a router, it shouldn't affect you. Most of the scans I get on my cable modem are very high port number, typically used by malicious programs.

Your ISP could be doing some check up on you, to see if you have any open server ports. Just to see if you obey their TOS.

Im pretty sure the light is SUPPOSED to blink. your comptuer is still connected tot he ISP and receiving packets. The light blinks just to show that data is being transferred.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom