Modem Drops Connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

luke87

In Runtime
Well, i am having a problem with my mediacom cable internet. Also having a problem with mediacom but that is a different problem all together.

Baically, the internet will be good for 30 mintutes, then it will drop connection. According to my computer, i am connected to my router with a good signal, but wheni look at the modem, the orange light that is usually blinking is not. The only way to get internet back is to unplug the modem, then plug it back in. then after a half hour of internet repeat this procedure. I am certain it is not the router as we always have to mess with the modem.

any help is greatly appreciated as we have asked mediacomm to fix it 3 times to no avail.

Have you had the cable modem replaced? Have you replaced the cable between the modem and the wall? Have you tried connecting the modem to a different Coax jack to see if the trouble in internal wiring in your home?

Modem drop outs can occur because of a poor signal from your cable line. If you have a lot of splitters running it will lower the power by a couple dB each split. You can buy a signal booster. You place this device before any of the splits and it will raise the power to counteract signal loss. Radio shack, Best Buy etc carry these signal boosters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom