Mobo Issue Or Ethernet Problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtLeast320GB

Solid State Member
First of i'd like to say Hello Ive decided to join these fourms to get answers to my tech problems, I DO fix most of my tech problems but there are some things i cant :p, But well heres my problems

I got a E-machines computer and i decided to take out the mother bored and try to put it into a diffrent case, well i found out my formfacter in my other bored isent ATX and the case is ATX i screwed all of the screws in besides 1 and decided it wouldnt be safe to turn it on with one screw not mounted. So i took it out and put it back into its default case, SO everything works good and all but the internet, it was working great up to the point when i took it out, ( the mobo ) and now i get limited or no captivity, and internet was working before i took it out, and i look in the back and the lights on in the ethernet port, so i'd appriciate any help :) thanks guys.

Hello,

Have you tried to reset the router and modem? Sometimes the most simple solutions work. ;)

Welcome to Tech-Forums!

Cheers,
Mak

yea, and it works on my other computer so, im thinking it cant be the modem/routher....

I just noticed my Pci Modem isent plugged in, but that cant be it can it since im on ethernet.not using a telephone line..

Could have fried part of the MB because of the improper mounting.

Uninstall the network drivers and reinstall, double check your settings, then see if it works. If it does work right after a move and it worked before (all other variables the same) usually improper handling or storage could cause the board to fail.

Replace it if you can.

It could also be something as simple as the ethernet cable losing some of its connectivity due to a weakened crimp connection when you unplugged it and plugged it back in. Try a completely different ethernet cable and see what happens then. I would also look closely at the ethernet socket on the NIC card and make sure that it looks to be well-connected to the card, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom