Microsoft Outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.

ekÆsine

Fully Optimized
is there a way for me to share the contacts and calendar from MS Outlook on a network without using microsoft exchange? we want to have this information updated automatically on all of our computers on a network so everyone can use the same contacts and calendar.

if this is not possible without exchange can we simply do it manually with some kind of import / export? i have read help on import/ export, but still not sure whether it can do this or not.

-edit
i figured out how to do it manually, but it would be a pain in the ass as the people at this workplace are computer illiterate and when i leave the job it would be easier if i didn't have to train someone how to do this.

Yea, there would be some training involved. Everyone would have to constantly export and import. The easiest thing to do would be to use exchange, and then create a profile that all users have access to. Then once someone would update the profile's calander, tasks or email, everyone would see the changes.

-Mike

well i specifically didn't want to use exchange because i assumed it was too expensive for our needs, is that correct or has that software come down a lot? i know nothing about exchange, my instructor suggested the same thing.

Yea, the standard license is like $600-$700 and then you need to purchase a license for each user (like $60 or so).
Probably not the best idea $ wise, eh?

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom