Microsoft Isatap Adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezysk

In Runtime
I have an ugly suspicion that after installing Vista SP1....it did away with this driver as well. So here's the error message:

"This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)"

The problem is that if there is no 'MICROSOFT ISATAP ADAPTER' drivers, then there is NO modem recognition....and hence..NO internet connection. Of course the obvious solution is to have the driver available and have the search point to it. But finding drivers these days, is like finding a needle in the haystack....especially this particular one.

SP1 Driver issues - Live Search

Vista SP1 did not do away with any drivers. It was well documented even by microsoft themselves that there was some drivers that were not compatible with SP1 of Vista.

A software update is available for the Windows Vista installation software feature

There are some updates that should have been installed if required.

Windows Vista Team Blog : Update on Windows Vista SP1 Prerequisite KB937287

That whole article.

Information about programs that are known to experience a loss of functionality when they run on a Windows Vista Service Pack 1-based computer

There is the full list of the software incompatibilties. I cant seen to find the Microsoft list of drivers. But i know it is out there somewhere.

Now to make matters even more confusing, Microshaft sez that whenever an 'error code 31' appears....to just simply IGNORE it:

"RESOLUTION
You can safely ignore this error message. This error message does not indicate a problem with the adapter. The adapter will continue to work correctly. "

On a Windows Vista-based computer or on a Windows Server 2008-based computer, the Microsoft ISATAP adapter appears with a yellow exclamation mark next to it in Device Manager, and you also receive an error message

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom