media

XWrench3

Daemon Poster
so i just got my first blu ray burner and disks, and while i am waiting for files to load to burn to the disk, a thought popped into my head. i know there are different technologies, but how are they able to write so much more data to a blu ray disk than a dvd? or for that matter, a hard drive over a blu ray disk?

the video on how hard drives work was really interesting. it certainly makes me wonder what technology we will be using 10 or even 20 years from now for individual mass storage.

both of those ARE interesting. i am not sure how useful they would be to the average home computer user though. they look to me like they are aimed at large scale use.

I'm sure that's the case at first, but it will eventually trickle into the consumer area if it's good enough. Consumers are just as big as businesses when it comes to good tech. We want it, too. Bigger, faster, better. If they can't standardize it, do so effectively, and still have an amazing product, then it won't make it very far anyhow. The crystal I'm not sure will make it, but the new flash memory will probably make it quite far.

so do you know yet if the new drives will work with existing hardware? or will it be for new builds with hardware made specifically for it?

Back
Top Bottom