Making phone calls through a wireless network?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gavin6180

Beta member
Hi.

Does anyone know if there is any way I can make phone calls from my computer, by plugging my phoneline in my wireless router.

\ps \i dont want to use SKYPE.

Cheers

Vonage or any other VoIP service. If you dont wish to use Skype which is pretty much the only free one out there you will be paying for this service.

Hi,

I understand what you are saying, but I want to make phone calls through my PC using my exisiting telephone provider. So that my landline will be billed.

Hi.

Does anyone know if there is any way I can make phone calls from my computer, by plugging my phoneline in my wireless router.

\ps \i dont want to use SKYPE.

Cheers

No, not to my knowledge.

Hi,

I understand what you are saying, but I want to make phone calls through my PC using my exisiting telephone provider. So that my landline will be billed.

It is possible to make landline telephone calls from a computer through use of a voice modem (and a headset, for example). You can get voice modems in PCI and USB forms.

As Alvin said. You would have to use your PC for it. Modem with a headset and all that stuff. There is no way to just plug in your phone to your router and use it like a normal phone. First off you can't jsut plug it in to the router. The connections are different. 2nd it wont work. Cause of reason 1.

So will have to use a headset and a modem. Windows XP doesn't have the dialer program anymore either. That was taken out back with ME. So i don't know how you would do it unless the Modem comes with software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom