Making an old printer wireless acessiable

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkop16

Daemon Poster
Hey,

I have an old HP printer:

HP 932C

I don't want to pay alot of money for a new printer, so I was going to see if I could somehow make this old printer wireless. I think Im supposed to use one of these:

Printer Networking

Basically I just want someone to better explain how or if this works. And if I should just buy a cheap wireless printer instead of going this route.

Thanks,
darkop

Hello,

That printer is a USB Printer. Which means that it has to be plugged into a machine at any given time and that machine on for it to print or be accessable by any other machine.

I do not know if this is what you want. But you would also need to make sure that the PC that has the printer can be accessed via the network. It also will have to have Sharing on.

If you just want a Printer to hook up to a router and be able to print that way it wont be able to be done with your current hardware.

Cheers,
Mak

Thanks,

I actually forgot there was a USB hookup to the back until you pointed it out. I just wanted to be able to print with my laptop instead of having to turn on my computer every time. I had an extra USB hook up so I just used that to hook up my printer to my laptop = problem solved. :)

Thanks again,
darkop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom