For Mak213

Status
Not open for further replies.

james MTL

Solid State Member
You replied to a message I posted Radmin help. Thank you for your prompt reply. I have done much reading and I do know that my internal IP is valid but the external IP, accessing the web and emanating from my Linksys router, is a phony IP. Consequently, any incoming request, either from RADMIN or eve Windows Remote Server, must be "forwarded" from the router to my PC and to do this, the router must first be able to accept incoming information by opening a port on the router and then forwarding the information to a port number I have created on my router to match on my PC. If I have this right so far then the only information I need help on, which I don't know how to do and cannot find any material on, is an "HOW-TO" on how to go into my router and do this port opening & port forwarding. Any guidance is greatly appreciated. I tried calling Linksys directly - a rep cam on said he would be back to help, left me on hold for 15 mins and then the line cut. Thanks again.

PortForward.com - Free Help Setting up Your Router or Firewall

That is what you need. That will tell you how to forward a port thru your router and it has a nice long list of routers. Each with their own instructions. From there you will have to open the same port in your Winodws Firewall or whatever firewall you use.

But that is the information you need to start.

Mak213: Thx for the link. I have been reading the info and got as far as setting up my Static IP and then I stop. I pulled my Router IP external address off the Portforwarding page, changed the last set of numbers and entered that into my TCP/IP page. I then entered the 2 DNS numbers ( got them form DOS page and called my ISP to confirm) and entered those as well as other info. I try loading web page and I get message. As soon as I get back to AUTOMATICALLY choose setting, it all works again. ANy suggetsions?

Mak213: am using a Linksys WRT54G v5. I remember reading the documentation in the link you gave me and I had to scroll down to this router and then click on Remote Access to get the port # associated with this router. Again, I got stuck creating my Static IP. Thx again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom