Major problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

seashell321

Beta member
I have two desktop computers, one has windows 98SE and the other one is Vista. I have had the two connected by a wired router for a while now and they both were working fine that way, both on the internet. Yesterday I had to reinstall the 98, and now it is showing the computer is connected to the router but I can't get on the internet. I unhooked the router and redid that but that didn't help. I am not too computer savy, so outside of that I have no idea what to do. :(

Hello,

Did you install the Wireless drivers for the wifi card?

Cheers,
Mak

Where did he mention WiFi drivers? It looks like you haven't installed your WIRED drivers (Ethernet card). Usually these drivers automatically install, but Windows 98 SE is an old OS, and many cards aren't supported out of the box. This means that you'll have to find the model of your Ethernet card and get drivers from the manufacturer. If your PC is a store bought one and came with the Ethernet card (as in, you didn't add the card later), look through your system's CD's, you should have one with Drivers on it. If you added (or had someone install for you) the network card, you should still have a CD from the manufacturer (Linksys, Netgear, D-Link, Belkin, among others are common Network card manufacturers) with the drivers for your card. If all else fails, you can take apart your PC, look at your Ethernet card to find the model number, and search for that model number on the manufacturer's website under their Support and Drivers section.

Hello,

My bad. I meant to type in Wired. But Calc is right. Need to install your Ethernet Card adapter drivers.

Cheers,
Mak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom