Major Connection issue with Netgear Router

Status
Not open for further replies.
and wow, dell support actually figured something out, you shoulda got her extention. :D

Yeah i dont understand that haha but i am going to go back on the tech support chat and see if i can have someone explain that....Also do you think you could assist me in another issue concerning DSL and routers.. its for my gf but i thought id help her out

Ok she has Verizon DSL and when the modem is directly plugged into her Desktop it works fine...However when she puts the router up and sets it up correctly...well i set it up...the verizon online wont connect right like the username and pass to dial up for DSL works fine without the router but with the router involved it will not dial correctly and fails...this used to be fine a while back but it started happening...

Bruce also with my problem i have a file in services in msconfig called MSCONFIGSVC...on google it says it may be a worm...im thinking this is what was causing my problem

j3dimindtr1cks said:
Bruce also with my problem i have a file in services in msconfig called MSCONFIGSVC...on google it says it may be a worm...im thinking this is what was causing my problem

thats possible

I just checked my services and i dont see that, plus if u disabled it and still able to access msconfig, id say it was .

j3dimindtr1cks said:
Ok she has Verizon DSL and when the modem is directly plugged into her Desktop it works fine...However when she puts the router up and sets it up correctly...well i set it up...the verizon online wont connect right like the username and pass to dial up for DSL works fine without the router but with the router involved it will not dial correctly and fails...this used to be fine a while back but it started happening...

when shes hooked directly to the modem do an ipconfig /renew and see what it returns

j3dimindtr1cks said:

Check task mgr processes and see if u see win32 secure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom