Main pc will not access internet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, it will not access the internet. I had to grab another pc out of my closet inorder to use the internet.

Well, it started this morning, I woke up and sat down infront of my pc, clicked firefox, and it said done, and would not load anything. So i opened internet explorer and it took about 1 minute for it to load google. so I went to school, just got home, and now neither will access the internet. so I thought, oh maybe its an internet cable, so changed my ethernet cable, then that didnt work, so I thought, oh well, maybe I should reset my router. Still nothing. So i opened Spybot, and it found nothing. what gives? What would cause this? the pc that is doing it is in my sig.

I also tryed a wireless adapter, and nothing, still.

Next step will be to try a different NIC, instead of my onboad.

UPdate

Ok, i put in the new NIC, and still nothing, limited or no connectivity.

error says

Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the
following action could not be completed:
Renewing your IP address

For assistance, Contact the person who manages your network.

help? I need my email (via outlook), and some things need to be done on it too. (cant do them on this pc, too slow)

well, how would I go about getting rid of it? I have no internet, and no cd drive, the drive is sata, and lucilly this pc has sata.

Could I just get something like AVG and hook up the drive, scan it, and hopefully all will be well again? If i had a dvd drive, I would just reinstall, but my media center disk is on a rw, cd-1 snapped in half, but about 3 days before it happened I had made some ISO's of it, and then burned them do a dvd. The dvd works, but none of my drives like to read anywhere past 23% on the first part of setup.

If you have swapped the cables, cards, and tried different ports on the router, oncluding the wireless approach, I would suspect something software related on the PC.

When you have the trouble, open a command prompt, and do IPCONFIG /ALL to see if you are getting an IP address... Post the IP info up here. Also, if you are getting an IP address that isn't a 169.254.x.x, then trying pinging a webpage from the command prompt....
ping google.com
if that doesn't work, ping Google's IP address: 64.233.187.99
ping 64.233.187.99

report back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom