MAC Bridge miniport on windows xp - is scaring me

Status
Not open for further replies.

edwardfsmith

Beta member
I am trying to install some drafting software that locks on to the MAC address of the network card in order to activate with its license.

I can not find any documentation on how to handle this situation with the "soft" MAC Bridge Miniport address.
and the "hard" network card address.

I do not have a network card as such as it is integrated into my motherboard and is an Intell

the part that is scarry for me is that the software has switched between the two addresses on the first page of the install program (it automatically loads when the CD drive door closes.)

My plan is to unbridge the network card from the MAC Bridge and
and to use the "hard" address of the card.

I have heard that this could cause problems because if the port is not hooked into a network or if the other computer is off (I only have a 2 computer network) then the drafting software might not see the card and run??

it seems like the install page does see the "hard" MAC address consistantly if it is unbridged? wether or not the network port is active or not active at the time.

I am a novice at this, so any advice or website that would explain this MAC Bridge Miniport in SIMPLE language would be very appreciated.

.... I am always afraid to proceed and break the thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom