Mac Address Finder HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

heierlu

Beta member
I work at a school and I am trying to get a list of all the computers on the network (around 500 computers) entered into a database so I know where computers are lcoated, what kind of computer they are, etc. I'd like to have the MAC Address listed in the database for security reasons. Is there anyway that I could easily get the MAC Adresses from the computers and have it put in a text file? I could get them listed off the server, but each computer has been done with Ghost, so all the computer id's are the same, so that wouldn't work. Are there any programs that can find the MAC Address and put it in a text file? Thanks!

We have a program that does that for us at my job. Although the program is highly prized as someone here wrote it and appently they signed a IP aggreement that makes the program protected.
I know the program was done with Perl is that helps you any.
I think there is also a way using WMI if you have an XP/2000 Environment.
here is a link I found on the something pretty close to what you are looking for. ALthough it is built for Linux, so it might take some work to get it working for you...
http://beowulf.linuxlaces.com/?msgNumber=260&z=showMessage
Hope this helps...

If you can get your hand ons Visio 2002/2003

You can run a network discovery that will map out your network and pull back all sorts of info. you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom