lost wireless capability

Status
Not open for further replies.

dowhat

Baseband Member
Up until a few days ago my ACER TRAVELMATE 4502 LMi laptop had no problems connecting wirelessly at my house or anywhere else. Suddenly when I check network connections the Local Area Connection says network cable unplugged and Wireless Network Connection says Not connected They both have big red X's on them(I don't know how to fix these problems) 1394 Connection says connected, firewalled Please help! Thanks

At home I am using a Netgear WGR614 v5 router and haven't had any problems until a few days ago with the above wireless.

At school and other locations my lap top usually lets me know if a wireless connection is available but now it doesn't do that.

did you try to connect to the wireless by clicking on connect? or are you just letting it find connection and connect by itself?

It usually connects by itself, I believe.
I tried uninstalling the Local Area Connection, turning off the computer and when it came back on I still had the same problem but not it says Local Area Connection 2 (Broadcom 440x10/100Integrated Controller). Meanwhile, I had another problem. When my computer came back up it asked me for my password which I'd forgotten. Spent much time searching the forum but I don't think I fixed that problem but did get back in.
So, what do I do to re install the drivers? I never installed them in the first place since it came factory ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom