Lost my Install CD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorsoft

Fully Optimized
I've lost the install CD that came with my Qwest GT701R modem. Qwest's tech support isn't forth coming with a new disc and I want to know if there is alternate setup software that I can download that'll do the same stuff. Can anybody tell me?
Please let me know if I can provide any mroe info.

It's a DSL modem
btw I can't find much of any importance on Qwest's support site, it only provides usb drivers (useless since I connect via ethernet) and a program called Quickcare that is just basic diagnostic software that does nothing for the installation of the modem itself.

You need drivers for your modem? I've never heard of that. I don't need any drivers for mine. Of course my ISP sent a CD with the kit, but it was just extra software that you don't really need.

All you need to do, is hook the modem up, power it on, connect it and thats it. Zoomtown comes with an install cd but I didnt need it, same with Cable internet.

Obtruse_Man4 said:
You need drivers for your modem? I've never heard of that. I don't need any drivers for mine. Of course my ISP sent a CD with the kit, but it was just extra software that you don't really need.
I never said I needed drivers for my modem. The CD I need has configuartion software for setting up PPPoA/PPPoE, not drivers.

Warez Monster said:
All you need to do, is hook the modem up, power it on, connect it and thats it. Zoomtown comes with an install cd but I didnt need it, same with Cable internet.
No, because even with the modem set up it still needs the software to tell it what to do. I just wanted to know if anyone knew a generic program for this or someplace where I could download similar software , thats all.

To set up PPPoE, you can go telnet or use web to access your router.

or you can download RASPPPoE software. FREE, EASY to USE

You should be able to get into the modem's control panel by putting in the 192.168.0.1 IP address in the browser. I do DSL setups every day at the ISP I work for, and that's how we do it. We tell the customer not to even use the disk. In the Actiontec modems that Qwest uses now, you can change the PPoA/PPoE settings in the basic setup screen. Just make sure your ISP changes it on their end also.

Found that out the other day but unfortunately I've also lost the Username/Password that my ISP provided me with. I'm pretty fed up with Qwest's service to date (been an on-going problem) and I've actually just decided to switch over to cable internet, their 6-month trial offer is way faster speeds at the same price I was paying beforehand. Thanks for all your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom