lost internet on one system but not other

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfenwick

Fully Optimized
Ok, so left my comp on overnight to download some stuff and when i came back this morning internet was out across the board both on my desktop and my wireless laptop. After trying a bunch of stuff i finally got internet back on the laptop after resetting the modem. However, still nothing on the desktop. Network connections shows things to be working on the LAN, and that works....but there is nothing showing for internet connection and when i try and make a new one it goes through the set up (cable always on) it seems like it should work and no errors pop up but still no internet connection showing anywhere....

Any ideas?

As it is, I have high speed cable connection to Linksys wireless router to the two comps. laptop works both with wireless and plugged in.

I reset everything at one point or another, uninstalled hardware, software the works....at 2am last night I gave up.

Then just now I boot up the comp this morning and everything's working?!?!?! Didn't do anything....no idea what's going on. Now I'm scared to touch anything!

Freakn...should have bought a mac!

When you said you had "no internet connection showing anywhere".... were you looking for the connection icon in the task tray, or were you not able to reach webpages with that PC? From your first post, you didn't say anything about net usability, only that "there is nothing showing for internet connection".... I am just trying to understand what it was you were experiencing.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom