Lose Internet Connection after so long

Status
Not open for further replies.

ninetynine

Solid State Member
Hey everyone i'm having some trouble thats beyond me.

I Have Comcast High Speed Internet set up with my own cable modem..(not the rented one). Its a 3Com Office Connect thats connect to a Dlink DI-514 Router..my Computer is directly connected to the router.. my machine is running Windows Xp..sp2..with no Internet firewall running.
Now with all that said.. after so long of being Idle ..my conection will be lost. i noticed if i stay in WinMX and DL something it will say on thru the night with no Problem... i have no idea what to look for or even how to go about to change the network idle time. ive looked all through the routers cofig menus ..didnt find anything(not that i knew what im looking for).

I want my connection to remain active 24/7.

If anyone could help ...it would be awesome
THANKS IN ADVANCE

Ok, is your computer a laptop and is it in sleep mode? (probibly not but what the h3ll. Does the router reboot at all? is it in a plugg that jammed up with other plugs. This might be it, when ever I have problems with those little guys always check the power source. If its running threw a powerpar or exstenshion cord put it straight into the wall. give that a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom