Looking for program for anonymous browsing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Optimist

Solid State Member
Hi everybody,
I am looking for a program that can mask my IP and allow me to browse anonymously.

I just want privacy and safety of mind since lately I have been recieving spam and also got infected by a trojan. I would be very grateful if you could name a few good proxy (if they are called that indeed) programs for me.

I would prefer if said program was a freeware, I have been looking for the past few hours in google with no success.

Thank you!

EDIT: So far I have just found hijack defender from softpedia and ultrasurf from fiberdownload.
Neither seem to suit me 100% though, I would like something simple yet effective.

Ok thanks! I will look around and see what I can find, I guess firefox is better than chrome atleast when it comes to privacy :)

You get virus's, spyware and malware from clicking on links you should be clicking on and going to websites you shouldn't be going to. Anonymous surfing isn't going to prevent this.

I guess you are right, I should still be careful what I click :)
Thank you for your feedback guys, I just DLed Firefox and I am now looking for the right plugins!

Plus as much as you think it is anonymous, it really isnt. There are still ways for sites an servers like ours here to still find your real IP address.

How is it possible to find IP behind a proxy? It sounds like some kind or hardcore program should be required for that.

Peerblock/peerguardian are useless, they just BLOCK you from making a connection, they do NOT make you anonymous. Also, even if you are behind a proxy, your IP is still in that little packet somewhere so the proxy knows where the packet it gets from the site has to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom