Looking for a good monitering network program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LightingBird

In Runtime
Looking for a piece of software that I can use on my home/home business network to watch certain things. What I am trying to do is monitor the amount of data downloaded from computers hooked up to my wireless network. The item being downloaded if possible and/or the total amount of bandwith they are pulling. Basically trying to spot network hogs. I currently use a linkskys router. Model number WRTP54G. Anyone know of any program that is good for these types of things?

Price is no object.

There are huge amounts of network monitoring packages, but like everything, you should be looking at paying money for a good package. Theres always SATAN, GFI Languard, (superb) DUDE (which is freeware), LanSpy,

A good source is www.snapfiles.com , look in the freeware section under network monitoring

:-0)

mfdc said:
There are huge amounts of network monitoring packages, but like everything, you should be looking at paying money for a good package. Theres always SATAN, GFI Languard, (superb) DUDE (which is freeware), LanSpy,

A good source is www.snapfiles.com , look in the freeware section under network monitoring

:-0)

Those are not exactly what he's looking for.

I think he wants an SNMP based monitoring thing, such as solarwinds. This is something thats great and easy to use :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom