logon scripts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derek01F

Baseband Member
Ok i'm trying to use a script to map a network drive...i'm using 2003 server and AD and i'm tryin to use a basic batch file and even a VB script and neither seem to work. They both work when you run them locally on a computer by double clicking them. But when I put them in somebody's profile they don't do anything. I have them in the right for AD to look for. Any suggestions would help tons.

thanks guys

Do you have the users set up to run startup scripts? under the profile tab type in the login script you want. location of the script should be C:\winnt\sysvol\domain\scripts
That location is from a 2000 server. dont have a 2003 to look at but i believe the locations is the same from my memory.

yeah i have the script in the folder....thats where i'm putting the scripts under the profile tab ....i'm typing it in the logon script... now i have other scripts on different users and they work fine...its just for some reason this one isn't working. thanks for the help

got it workin....i was goin by somebody else at work where the scripts were put in...i put it in the sysvol.... and it worked... thanks man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom