Local Area Connection problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlestBadge

Beta member
Ok, on my other computer, I always used it to ftp, and I had no connection problems after ftping I set it back to "Obtain an IP address automatically". And my internet worked fine.

Just right now, after ftping and setting it to "Obtain an IP address automatically", my local area connection picks up an abnormal and totally random ip address and says "limited or no connectivity", instead of picking up the ip of my router!:angry:

Now I can't connect to the internet on my other computer :( ! I tried repairing the connection, it didn't work. I also tried disconnecting and reconnecting my router. But I still could not connect to the internet!

What happened!? And what should I do?

is this random IP address in the 169.x.x.x range? If so, then your PC isn't recieving an IP address from the router... are there sufficient available addresses in the DHCP pool on the router?

Yes, I got that 169 ip detected. and how do I check if there are sufficient available addresses in the DHCP pool on the router?

you should be able to log into the router setttings page.... the same way with ho you set up your broadband account information in it. If you have the user manual, it should say where you can find the DHCP info on that specific router.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom