Local Acess Only - VISTA PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

objecterror

Daemon Poster
I can't access the internet from a vista PC. The XP machines connect to the internet without any problems.

I reset the router back to factory and i attempted to connect again to no avail. In the network sharing center, I see that the access is "Local Only".

I've googled the specific, "cannot connect to primary dns" but most of the time the posts eventually lead to, "I don't know.". This hasn't been a prevalent problem in the past. Can you help me?

Well, I am sorry for the late reply kmote.

I was refreshing my page and everything I had online went offline. Including my router I am afraid.

So, What I did.

I have Cox Communications with a phone/cable modem. A motorolla. I had to call Linksys, who brought it to my attention that my modem was not fully configured. I had a limited/no connectivity. So, Cox Communications resett the modem. I was discounted from my phone after 30seconds and I called them back.

On the next call I spoke to another person who i informed about my router. I unplugged it for 30seconds or so, while she did whatever it is from her end. After 20seconds or so, all of the internet was on including the two vista pc's.

If you could, do you know any reason for the error? I know DNS has to do with my router settings right??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom