Little or no connectivity...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desilvio

Beta member
Hey, I'm new here and thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out :)

The power went out the other day and ever since then I can't get the internet work on one of the computers in the house. The other two, which are hooked up to the same SMC router work fine. Here's what I've tried to do so far to get the other computer to work:

Released/Renewed IP
Reset router
Reset modem
Tried different cords
Ran router setup wizard
And probably a lot more, but too frustrated to remember ;)

When I plug the ethernet cord into the port in the computer it does light up and flashes, so I don't know if it's a hardware issue.

When I plug it in, or reset the router, the error I get is that there is little or no connectivity.

I spoke to a guy at a Future Shop and he thinks that the network card is probably fried from the power outage... but I still want to see if maybe there's something do to with the software I can change to get it to work.

I'm not sure if my router came with Firmware and if it does I'm unsure of how to access it. Although I've never had problems with Router settings before so I doubt that's it..

If anyone has any suggestions that would be wicked. ;)

Thanks again!

Bryan

limited or no connectivity means your not getting the address info from the router. You've already tried powercycling the modem and router so at this point i'd prolly try connecting to a different port on the router.

You can also try uninstall the network card, reboot, reinstall it or let pnp install it for you.

Still no connection? reseat the network card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom