Linux Which one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lea0001

In Runtime
I know that there are many different types of linux platforms.
However I have no idea which are better thsn others. I was wondering of someone could rank them in order include the free and pay ones. So whichevers best for running a server to the worst for running a server, cause thats what im using it for.

You would get more response if you posted in the Linux thread, but in my opinion I like Fedora Core 5. Almost every linux distro are free, some like SUSE you pay but you are paying for the support and packages not the OS. Fedora Core is public version of RedHat linux basicly made free for non commercial uses. I would trust Fedora more then any other source, I also like Knoppix and SUSE. I haven't tried any other, there are so many.

I am a complete noob to linux and I have been messing around with Ubuntu 5.1 and I love it. It has not been that hard to figure stuff out. They have a great community on their forums. There are tutorials posted for just about anyhting you need to do. Everyone has there own preference but I installed a few and this is the one I liked best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom