Linksys WRT54G Ver. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

torndrk

Solid State Member
Well, a couple of days ago I was having problems connecting to the internet. After hours of attempts, I got it to work. Everything was back the way it was before. So after some celebrating, I started on the router. All it took was to connect everything that i previously disconnected. I used my sisters laptop and I found that it works like it did before.

The thing is, WRT54G does not appear in my network(like it used to). Its not a problem seeing as how I can access the router through my web browser.

Another odd thing is that when I go to my routers settings, it says that my SSID is DavidN(like it was before) but when I use EasyLink Connect to check my settings, it says my SSID is +wlansetup.register+

What does this mean?

Personally, I think your first mistake was Stinksys. With that said, I would do a forced reset to the router using a paper clip to the reset switch. Make sure you have your settings written down so you can go into your router with a clean slate to enter the information again. You might be able to save the settings, but if there is a setting on the router that got messed up, it is possible for the router to revert to that mistake when you reload the settings.

Personally, I think your first mistake was Stinksys. With that said, I would do a forced reset to the router using a paper clip to the reset switch. Make sure you have your settings written down so you can go into your router with a clean slate to enter the information again. You might be able to save the settings, but if there is a setting on the router that got messed up, it is possible for the router to revert to that mistake when you reload the settings.

Some people link Linksys, which is their opinion that they are entitled to as well, and as such you should respect them enough to not refer to Linksys as you did., and thats my opinion, for what its worth.

Some people link Linksys, which is their opinion that they are entitled to as well, and as such you should respect them enough to not refer to Linksys as you did., and thats my opinion, for what its worth.

Sorry, I just have a strong dislike for Linksys. didn't mean to upset anyone.

I'm not sure that anyone was offended, it's just that we should all probably try to keep away from things like that, but hey, no foul as far as I'm concerned. I don't have a Linksys, but that wasn't my point. I know you know that, so 'nuff said. It's ok, just a suggestion. Thanks for taking what I said in the right light, by the way.

Back on topic now ... maybe the OP could try the suggestions given above in earlier posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom