Linksys WMP600N PCI wireless card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mischa

Just Epic.
I was going to get the card mentioned in the title, heres a link.
Dual-Band PCI Adaptor 5Ghz/2.4Ghz WMP600N-EU from Linksys by Cisco - Scan.co.ukhowever, i did a search on google and a lot of people cant use it with windows 7, this is what i mean.
WMP600N + Windows 7 64bit = not working - Cisco Home Communityso my question is, has anyone used this card with windows 7 and does it work?
I want 5ghz frequency but cant find any other cards except for this that supports it, does anyone know of any others?
If i cant find any others i will have to get a usb 5ghz, but from what i understand they arent as good rangewise etc., is this true and if it is are they a lot worse?

if im going to get one would this be alright
Dual Band USB Adapter with Desktop Cradle 300Mbps Wireless Edimax EW-7722UnD USB Dongle - Scan.co.ukor is it worth spending more and getting this, would there be much benefit.
Dual Band 5GHz USB Adaptor Netgear WNDA3100 RangeMax - WNDA3100-100GES - Scan.co.uki have a netgear router running 2.4ghz at 54mbps and 5ghz at 300mbps. the 5ghz channel has two xboxes connected to it and the 2.4ghz has a couple of laptops and two pcs (maybe three in a month or two) if any of this information helps. also my pc will be on a different floor to the router.

edit: looking at amazon reviews i have seen that it does work with windows 7 although it isnt stated in the description and some people have problems, maybe new drivers came out this year or something idk. Anyways has anyone had any experience with the wmp600n and does anyone know of any other 5ghz pci cards, and is there a big difference between usb and pci?

I'm guessing no one knows of any other 5ghz cards or have had experience with the one in the title or knows any differences between using USB or PCI, the only one I've heard is that PCI has better range (any truth to this)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom