Linksys WMP54G v4 pci wireless card, bad XP driver?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sui

Daemon Poster
Ok this actually covers software and networking, but here goes....

My system is
mobo GA-k8nf
amd64 3000+
512mb ram
6600 geforce pci-e(not gt)
Wmp54G v4 pci card
80 gig sata Seagate
6 gig IDE WD
Liteon cdrw
Enermax 420w noisetaker

First of all the setup file doesn't run, I don't get why, click click nothing. I installed just the driver manually from the device manager, refuses to connect, even when I take off the encription, and mac address filter, every setting quadruple checked, disabled then reenabled. I installed the software and still nothing. I tryed every combination of software, and driver installing. I made both of them try to control the card. I got the linksys software to say it was connected, but it couldn't ping the router, so still nothing. Also I noticed when it was trying to whatever it was doing, it would knock my laptop off the network. Basicly I got a network jammer(If this was a laptop card I'd be having tons of fun). Now MS has a winxp driver for this card that does work, but I get lag spikes every 15 seconds.

Now in win2k it works fine, but the problem is nothing else works fine in win2k, its poor sata support causes this thing to crash now and then, and hangs on shutdown(even with that fix). Right now I have a window thats stuck open and will cause a hang when I shutdown.

Linksys support gave me this peice of genius
Katrina Baldo: 1] Uninstall everything inculding the adapter
Katrina Baldo: 2] install the adapter in a diff pci slot
Katrina Baldo: 3] Reboot
Sui: uhm
Katrina Baldo: 4}when windows promted you found new hardware install drivers automatically
Sui: why would the pci slot make a difference when its the same pci slot as win 2k?
Katrina Baldo: I am referring to the XP computer
Sui: they are both the same, its a dual boot machine
Sui: I'm in 2k right now, but its not a stable os for me
Katrina Baldo: On the xp machine
Katrina Baldo: On xp..try that tool

That was the 3rd time I told him it was the same machine. If I have to take that card out, then I'm taking it back. So any ideas?

Only 1 driver for this card, never been updated. The card works perfect in win2k.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom