Linksys Wireless Internet Security

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclones

In Runtime
I have a Linksys WRT54G Wireless Router and it seems like when everytime I look at the router, the LED lights are always blinking like someone is on teh internet through the router but no one is. Is there a way where I can track who's all connected to the router? Like how many computers and what their IP address is or anything??

Thanks!

You need to consult your router user guide. There is a username and password (or at least a password) to access your router. Very rarely is a router created without a username or password.

Get the default password and username, likely admin/admin.

In your web browser, type in the following:

One of these should have a router configuration display. Enter the username and/or password, somewhere inside this router you will find a way to display who is connected and an ability to set up a wireless security (I would imagine). Be creative, use your mind, and figure it out.

You need to consult your router user guide. There is a username and password (or at least a password) to access your router. Very rarely is a router created without a username or password.

Get the default password and username, likely admin/admin.

In your web browser, type in the following:

One of these should have a router configuration display. Enter the username and/or password, somewhere inside this router you will find a way to display who is connected and an ability to set up a wireless security (I would imagine). Be creative, use your mind, and figure it out.

Man... LOL ... it's a Linksys WRT.... lol not a cisco or netgear. I'm sure that the 192.168.1.1 will do fine :)

What Sodaen is getting at is that you can view the Wired and Wireless "status" connections. Basically, you can see who is connected. BUT, you are worried about a specific port, not who might be stealing your connection. So logging in won't solve anything. You should load a monitor and view what is actually going on rather than who "might be connected within the last 15 minutes." hehehhe

How about a traffic shaper?

Just kidding, listen Mr. Microsoft, all routers are made different. Matter of fact, I got standard home Internet and I was GIVEN a router with the ability to view numerous different things.

I mean, seriously, build it from 0 and 1, you must be joking. You're not writing a BIOS sir and programs already exist out there to do exactly as you have explained.

I'm hardly Mr. Microsoft ... and I was hardly communicating in a condescending manner, I would expect the same in return. I was merely attempting to translate what you were saying. As for the one and zeros, I'm just trying to illustrate that I can recommend MANY router monitors....there are many different ones. I don't know what he really wants, but I do know that he wants to know what "traffic" is going through his gateway.....which can't be tracked in a real sense through his gateway..... it has horrible traffic monitoring.

I mean, seriously, build it from 0 and 1, you must be joking. You're not writing a BIOS sir and programs already exist out there to do exactly as you have explained.

You must have read something I wrote elsewhere? Because I don't remember typing anything about building something from 1s and 0s......i hate being misquoted. hehhe

Likely so, and if you did not mean to communicate in a condescending manner, then I honestly apologize.

Yes, I may not have quite understood his meaning, however a forum is not the best way to help people as you can't just ask a question and five seconds later they have an answer.

I ditched the router I was given. I use an OpenBSD computer with PF. This allows me to view anything I desire. It's just simply not a problem for me, it used to be, back when I had satellite Internet, it was ridiculous!

Again, I am sorry, and I hope we have a better relationship in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom