Linksys Wireless-G USB is not recognized by computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Childrenfirst

Beta member
I really need some help here, as I am so tech illiterate. I purchased a used HP Xt963 for my grandson to use when he is at my place. I purchased a new Linksys Wireless-g USB network adapter to make it wireless with our Linksys router. I installed the disk that came with it and the computer does not recognize it and I am not able to enable it. I have done a uninstall and downloaded again and the same results. The directions for the USB adapter says to not plug in the adapter until the software is installed which I have done. Can anyone give me some ideas on what to do next? Thank you.

Try looking in the device manager Start>control panel> classic view> device manager for vista or Right click on my computer> properties> Hardware tab> device manager in XP. The device should show up in their under networking adapters or something like that. If the device is their and theirs a yellow exclamation or a red X then the driver is bad. your gonna have to get the newest driver through the manufactures website. If theirs no device showing up in the device manager then make sure that the USB adapter is compatible with your laptop. And if the device does show up their without anything being wrong with it then try like i stated above and make sure that the newest latest driver is downloaded and installed from the manufacture website.
Then get back to us and let us know how things go from their.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom