Linksys Router Trouble...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blazer

Beta member
I have a 4-port router from Linksys, and yesterday it stopped working alltogether. I had to reset it when the internet stopped after moving one of my cables from one computer to the other. After letting it sit for 5 minutes, I plugged my router in, as well as my cable modem. I had yet to plug in the cable from the modem to the router, yet the router read that it was getting a signal from the modem, and the DIAG light stayed lit. After trying a few more times, I figured I would just unplug all 4 computer cables from the back of the router and try again. After plugging everything back in, the DIAG light stayed on. Also, the lights on the ports for 1-4 were just randomly flashing. Port 1 would come on for a second and then go away, and it repeated through all the ports. I think the router may be dead, but I would prefer some other advice. I was going to try to upgrade the firmware, but I obviouly couldn't because I couldn't connect to the router. Any suggestions/advice would be appreciated.

Actually, today I tried switching AC's with my cable modem, and discovered that the router worked fine. The transformer was burnt on the inside. Unfortunately, I found this out after I went out and bought a D-Link, but I plan on getting another transformer and using the uplink to expand my network. Thanks anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom