Linksys router not working anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stand and Fight

Baseband Member
Lately our internet has been cutting out. We figured it was our service provider, called them and told them what's up, and he had us disconnect the router, and plug the modem directly into the computer. Instantly, internet access. He said it's the router and we have to go about fixing that to get it to work. However, he didn't know how (or at least wasn't going to help.) So I was wondering if anyone knew how I could go about getting my router working again. Thanks in advance.

If you could provide the model of the linksys router, I might be able to give you some ways to bring it back from the dead. Might being the key word.

Try this. Turn off the router and the modem. Wait a minute or so. Turn on the modem, let it boot all the way up. Then turn on the router.

Is the router wireless or wired?

Have you tried rebooting it? Unplug everything and let it sit for a minute. Replug the power, and let it stabalize, then hook up you other wires one ay a time. Do the same with your modem.

If that doesn't work, call Linksys and let them walk you through a firmware update.

It's a WRT54G.

Try this. Turn off the router and the modem. Wait a minute or so. Turn on the modem, let it boot all the way up. Then turn on the router.

Is the router wireless or wired?

And yeah, we've done this a lot of times. It used to work, but that trick has failed us now. The router is wireless.

no. follow the instructions...it has pictures and everything. you have to look on the bottom of your router to figure out your version...just like the picture says.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom