Linksys Router Just Stopped Working...BEFSR41 ver. 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

crashxdjp

Solid State Member
Ok, I have a Linksys EtherFast Cable/DSL Router with 4-Port Switch, Model BEFSR41.

Its directly connected (wired), to two computers downstairs and the main computer upstairs. It was working fine for a long period of time.

Now, two days ago. I was on my computer (downstairs), and the internet just stopped working. I went upstairs and the internet here doesnt work either. So I reset everything, and still no luck.

So for now, I disconnected the linksys cord from my Speedstream modem, and disconnected the main computer cord from the router, to just go directly into the computer.

Ive tried looking around for help but no luck, I cant really upgrade my router or go to the admin site, since I cant even connect to the internet through the router.

Ive tried reseting it. no luck.

I can install a lesser version because I cant even connect to the internet through the router

The router is still on, the Power light is on, and the 2 and 3 lights are on, which are the two computers downstairs.

This is what it says on the bottom of the router

Model Number: BEFSR41 ver. 3
S/N: C2130D555202
MAC: 000F66932F56

Theres a stick that says "QC OK"

Please help

Right off the bat this sounds like a "busted" router.
If a reset didn't work on your router and you haven't been inside the thing "tweaking" things around then I am going to assume this to be a busted router.

If you have any extra switches/hubs/routers laying around test it out. Most likely they will work and its just the router messing up.

bradybnmci said:
Right off the bat this sounds like a "busted" router.
If a reset didn't work on your router and you haven't been inside the thing "tweaking" things around then I am going to assume this to be a busted router.

If you have any extra switches/hubs/routers laying around test it out. Most likely they will work and its just the router messing up.

wow that sounds right. thank you so much for helping. I have a BEFW1154 laying around. ill give it a shot and reply later tonight.

Yeah Hes got the power light on and acual port lights as well.

"The router is still on, the Power light is on, and the 2 and 3 lights are on, which are the two computers downstairs."

Thats why i jumped ahead to the buster router theory.
Do you think there something else that might be wrong Phillip ?

Well when you have it connected, like you have had it. Do you still get an ip address?
(got to the start menu, click run, type in "command" and hit ok. in new screen type in "ipconfig")
if you can get a ip address, then there might be some more options for you.

PhillipBelcher said:
Well when you have it connected, like you have had it. Do you still get an ip address?
(got to the start menu, click run, type in "command" and hit ok. in new screen type in "ipconfig")
if you can get a ip address, then there might be some more options for you.

I do get a ipaddress, when connected to the router, wow, is there still hope?

heres a screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom