Linksys Router + Hubs... Interesting Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaptorX

Baseband Member
Linksys Router + Hubs... Interesting Problem [SOLVED]

Well... hard to describe but here i go

What i want is set up 5 computers with inet and in the same network... the main problem is the physical ubication...

I have on hand a stream modem for inet, a Linksys wireless router and 2 hubs...

the physical distribution of the pcs looks more or less like this:

Network.jpg

The idea is that the phone access is far away from computers 3 4 & 5 and is on the opposite wall for 1 & 2 so I would have wires in the middle of the way and everybody would step and kick it so I purchased the wireless for that, then I thought:

Modem with inet connected to Linksys, then linksys transmitting to computer 1 and 3 (they have wireless cards) and then computers 1 and 3 with hubs passing the inet to computers 2 4 & 5.

But main problem here, im in computer 3, it has the Dsl Signal with the Linksys router, but I cant pass the inet to 4 & 5 cause when i activate the LAN and the Wreless at the same time and try to set it up I cant put any default gateway cause there is no wire to the linksys or the modem, and on the other hand the Firefox will get the LAN as default inet conection and wont give me any inet, when i deactivate LAN and leave only Wireless then it gets the Inet...

I think that the same will happen to me on the computer # 1 so I decided to post it for having some help cause im not that good at networking as you can see guys... :D

Sorry for the 3yr old pic that i did but im kind of improvising at the moment.

It is important for me to have inet soon in the 5 pcs and also not having any wire in the middle of the way, there is a lot of customers walking around you know what that means...

Main question, would i be obligated to set up 1 computer conected directly to the Linksys with a wire and then transmitting the inet with a hub to the others? or there is any way to get the inet through the wireless and then passing it throgh wire to other pcs..??

Thanks in advance and sorry about the long post. :equal:

You best bet. Buy wireless cards for each PC and run all wirelessly. Trying to do what you are trying any other way with little to no hassle is very hard.

This is confusing. Make yourself clearer.

No inet, etc.

So far: modem->linksys
[hub]->1&2
[hub]->3&4&5

Are the hubs wireless?

You best bet. Buy wireless cards for each PC and run all wirelessly. Trying to do what you are trying any other way with little to no hassle is very hard.

well...I solved in here... I am having every computer set up now with Inet

:D

Solution

Computer with Wireless card IPs:

Etherned

IP adress 10.0.0.6
Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0
Default Gatway... empty

DNS Linksys Ip

Then on the other pcs

IP adress 10.0.0.5
Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0
Default Gatway 10.0.0.6

DNS Linksys Ip

Done!

I also clicked on "configure a Home Network" and after that i didnt have more problems...

Hope this help to anybody else than me.

This is confusing. Make yourself clearer.

No inet, etc.

So far: modem->linksys
[hub]->1&2
[hub]->3&4&5

Are the hubs wireless?

No man they are not wireless.

Modem and Linksys are with wire, Linksys send Wireless to pc 1 & 3... then Pc 1 conected through hub with pc 2 and pc 3 wired to 4 and 5...

Sorry I was not that clear... Im not that good at this but i figured out that it was just how to set up the ips in the computers correctly. But thanks anyway for trying to help. :p

Well anyway glad you got it sorted. Definitely a different setup than most.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom