Linksys + PS2

Status
Not open for further replies.

HooX

Solid State Member
This may be a little off topic, but I've had no luck anywhere else.

I have a Linksys wireless router (WRT54G) and I have a playstation 2 plugged directly into it. I've recently been playing Madden 2005 online with it. I run into problems playing about 50% of users. I can connect to EA's servers with no problems. I can then continue to play some online players with no problems, but I can not connect to other players. The connection just times out. There is one friend of mine in which I can absolutely not play. It times out every single time.

Today I decided to remove my router, and plug my PS2 directly into the cable modem. I connected to my friend with no problems. So I've come to the conclusion that it is the router that is preventing me from playing him. I'm not sure why though. I mean, I can play other users with no problems. EA gave me the ports that need to be forwarded in order to get it to work, and I entered those ports into my router's port forwarding table. I've upgraded my firmware to the latest version. I'm stumped.

Thanks

Find out the IP address of the PS2 and place this address in the DMZ of the gateway/router. It will be outside of the firewall, but you can place it back after you are finished playing. It would be A LOT easiser to do it this way than to physically remove the router each time.

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I definitely won't be removing my router very often. Doing so shuts down the internet for all three computers in my house.

I have set a static IP to my PS2, and I will try entering this into the dmz later on this evening. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom