Linksys carn on the Flukes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oaffy

Solid State Member
My friends moved in to my apartment and didnÂ’t have a PC so I gave them my old 400mh Celoron Linux Box, so they would stay off mine. The PC worked fine, they could get online for a while and then the internet stops working, they can still share files and print but not connect the internet. I fiddle with it for a while, get it working, works for a few days and then stops again, same symptoms, but all of the other pc's work. We run through a Linksys 4 port router and then over a cable line. The router is working fine of the other 3 pc's but their computer just doesnÂ’t want to get online, but it can still share files, that is the weird thing.

Anybody have any ideas or suggestions on how to fix it with out buying another card, I just donÂ’t want to though any more money into that box.

tryed both staic and DHCP, theu are curently on staic, i have also programed the gatway adress and the DNS ip's in to the system. and still nothing. but i will check the DNS entrys when i go home today.

Got the do the whole 9-5

Also, make sure you are using your ISP's DNS server IP settings.

Try this out first.

Make sure your router has the DHCP server enabled.

Change the IP settings on your box from static to DHCP, then shut down your pc.

Reset your broadband modem, reset your router (you might have to unplug them - wait 20-30 seconds before plugging them back in)

Connect your modem, wait until the status lights are all green, then turn on your router.. wait until your status lights are all green and finally, turn on your PC.

This might help your settings take place properly.

The DNS adresses where wrong, i was having issues with insight and they put me on a sticky ip and chaned my DNS, i dident know that they changed them, i checked the router and changed they DNS on the computer and now eveything works fine. THANKS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom