Limited or No Connectivity Problem / Network Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

gazuk2003

Beta member
Hi,

Im currently trying to setup a network with two machines. One acting as a router for the internet traffic (the desktop) and the other machine being my laptop.

I have used the windows network setup wizard and it seem to work of setup on the 'desktop' machine, but when i tried to connect the laptop to the network, all i get is 'requesting network address', then the network icon displays:--

"Limited or No Connectivity"

Ive used the laptop on other network, like my mates and has worked fine, so im thinking it maybe a problem with the desktop, e.g. some kind of setting need changing??? as far as i know ive set them both up on the same workgroup...

Both machines are connected via a Hub with the desktop running XP pro and the laptop is running XP home.

Thanks for any advice or pointers in advance.

Gaz

You need to run the ICS (internet connection sharing) wizard on you desktop. go here

I think the reason it says limited or no connectivity is that your desktop is not giving it an IP adress via DHCP. The tutorial above should fix that.

have worked on the tutorial, that you suggessted, bt still having the same problem.

Any other ideas? what the problem could be?

Thanks in advance

yeah umm ive enabled ics which is basically all his tutorial says. Still doesnt work but i dont have limited or no connectivity problem anymore. Now it says im connected but i cant browse internet and pings just time out which i havnt figured out yet.

oops totaly ignore the stuff above i have a post that looks exactly like yours and i though it was mine lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom