limited or no connectivity help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

mzhz1111

Beta member
hi im new to this soo here it goes, i got a computer from a friend and i have got a new broadband so i set it all up and use an ethernet cable to connect it and i always get limited or no connectivity then i plug it into my old emac and it works so i need help i have no way updating the drivers cause i dont have the disks or reinstalling windows for the same reason no disk cause my friend threw the disks away and i dont own any cause i had mac's before it, please can any1 help me cause i wanna go on it cause this mac sucks.

thanks in advance

Alex :)

Start -> Run and type
Code:
cmd

At the command prompt type
Code:
ipconfig /all

What does it say for your IP address? 169.x.x.x or 192.x.x.x?

What version of Windows it is? XP, Vista, 7?

windows xp pro and..192.168.0.2 well thats what it said on this mac anyways, i've tried static ip and still no luck, it says connected but when i go on internet it doesn't work :/

While still in the command prompt type in

ping google.com

and hit enter

windows xp pro and..192.168.0.2 well thats what it said on this mac anyways, i've tried static ip and still no luck, it says connected but when i go on internet it doesn't work :/

The point of the above commands were to figure out whether your PC was being assigned an IP address, it doesn't matter about your Mac at this point. Run the command on your PC and post up the IP address that's listed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom