Limited or no connectivity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try resetting the winsock settings sound like something may be dunfunct there.

1. Click Start, and then click Run.
2. In the Open box, type Regedit, and then press ENTER.
3. Navigate to the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Winsock
4. On the Registry menu, click Export Registry File.
5. In the File name box, type the name of the backup file; for example, type Winsock Registry key, and then click Save. Note the name of the folder in which the registration file is saved.
6. Repeat steps 3 through 5 for the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Winsock2
7. Delete the following keys from the registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Winsock

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Winsock2
NOTE: Steps 3 through 6 backed up the two registry keys. You can use the backup files to restore the keys in the event that your computer displays unexpected behavior. For more information about how to restore registry keys from .reg files, search the Registry Editor Help files for the Import or export registry keys topic.

8. Close the Registry Editor.

Then

Reinstall TCP/IP on a Windows XP-based computer
In Windows XP, the TCP/IP stack is a core component of the operating system. Therefore, you cannot remove TCP/IP in Windows XP. 1. Install TCP/IP on top of itself. To do this, follow these steps:a. In Control Panel, double-click Network Connections, right-click Local Area Connection, and then click Properties.
b. Click Install.
c. Click Protocol, and then click Add.
d. Click Have Disk.
e. In the Copy manufacturer's files from box, type System_Drive_Letter:\windows\inf, and then click OK.
f. In the list of available protocols, click Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), and then click OK.

2. Restart your computer.

The reason i asked about service pack 2 is that I had the same networking problem, untill i uninstalled sp2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom