Limited but five bars?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ben2the4th

In Runtime
I have had this problem numerous times on numerous computers and i still havent found out how to fix it. I have a lot of bars of connectivity and seems like it should work but of course I go into firefox and I always get "server not found".

Sometimes it will even show five bars of connectivity but then under status it says limited or no connectivity. Which doesn't make much sense.

Please help thanks.

This means you have great wireless signal but you don't have an IP address.
I would check the wireless router and make sure that it has enough IP's in it's DHCP pool

Yes. And also be sure you have your computers set to DHCP and that the DHCP client service is started.

Routers were a bad invention if you ask me.
Theres always a new problem arising.
I just unplug and plug it back in to sort this problem.

"Connecting to site http://www.google.co.uk" > "Page couldn't be displayed"

Routers were a bad invention if you ask me.
Theres always a new problem arising.
I just unplug and plug it back in to sort this problem.

"Connecting to site http://www.google.co.uk" > "Page couldn't be displayed"

Routers? A bad invention? Not a lot of thought went into your statement. Routers existed before the public internet was available ...

Perhaps you mean the typical home Gateway/Router... which is actually more a gateway with routing technology involved. Even so, it's probably more so not the device, just the people using them thats more widespread. So, given those statements, it's not the device thats usually the problem... it's the fact that more people that don't know what their doing ... therefore, more problems heard about.

It's like saying "Windows is a bad invention" .... no, it really wasn't. Just know that 10,000,000 MORE people use the product than ever before. And, yes, a lot more of those people need a little more help than others. So, you hear about more problems with Windows than you ever did before. Doesn't mean it's a bad product....

Nice reply.
I agree 95% with you.
The 5% disagreement is from where you put..
So, you hear about more problems with Windows than you ever did before. Doesn't mean it's a bad product....

Now, with that statement, if it was made to the best of microsoft's ability, those faults that people have problems with, should sort themselves out, unless it's people ****ing around with settings BEFORE asking for advice.

And you can't say Vista is an improvement, could you?

Your reply has nothing to do with this topic...

Have you tried using IE and seeing if it works or reinstalling firefox? (also disable any proxys or filters you may be using)

Now, with that statement, if it was made to the best of microsoft's ability, those faults that people have problems with, should sort themselves out, unless it's people ****ing around with settings BEFORE asking for advice.

Agreed. Which happens a lot. hehe

And you can't say Vista is an improvement, could you?

Well, in some respects it was. Some people just find that XP is more useful for them. Windows ME was the same way, but with a lot of mistakes that came from ME, MS learned and improved on with XP. Gotta get your feet wet if you want to swim.

Thanks for the help everyone. Apparently I just needed to disable the Data Encryption under the network's properties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom