Limited Account Rights in XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

shyamkesavan

Banned
Hi,

I want to give rights like sharing a folder to limited user in windows XP.... right now all the systems in the network have Admin rights so they r able to do... how to do the smae with Limited User Account??? please help me out...

Thanks,
Shyam

can you retype that, its confusing....but are you wanting to give a limited user access to a folder on the admin account?

Limited Account Rights.

sorry if the last one was confusing... ie A Limited Account User of Windows XP, to have rights to share a folder over the network... right now the user is in ADMIN rights and he is able to do now... i want to change him from Admin to Limited Account... but i need the sharing Feature alone...

hope i am clear now

Just share the folder in the account as an Admin, then change the account to limited and the folder should still be shared. Done this before so I know it's possible.

Is it not possible for a limited user to share a folder... becasue each time its not possible to come to admin to share a folder....

I believe you must be the owner of the folder. This mean the limited account must create the folder then share it. Sometimes there are alot of issue with the limited account, you could put them as poweruser which is better off because they still don't have the ability to make system changes but have more feature then limited account so it wouldn't be a hassle doing simple things without aquiring the administrator all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom