Lenovo h430 wifi issues

dotcubed

Beta member
So first of all, I hardly know anything about hardware, and even less about networks and stuff. I bought a H430 recently and I'm having some wifi issues. It connects but it's really unstable, disconnects from time to time, and never works at full performance. Meaning I have a 20 MBs connection and the max I can get with it is around 6. It's not the connection cause a similar thing happens in other houses (I get considerably lower speed) and it's not the connection itself, cause every other computer in the house goes up to 20 and are really stable. Note that it's pretty unstable too, so I can get 6 mbs now, and a few minutes later 1 mb. Even when nothing else is connected to the internet.

So I was wondering if there's anything I can buy or do to improve it? Would appreciate if it was explained as simple as posible, since I don't really know much about this stuff. Thanks!

Something quick to try if possible, plug into the router from your computer with a cable and disable the wifi on your computer.

Then check the speed.

Also, try checking the Internet speed during non-peak hours, e.g. 2:00pm.

Creativity

Back
Top Bottom