Laptops and the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

yazzyd37

Beta member
Hi, im a student and i am getting a laptop for university. However, i want the internet and im confused how i will be able to access the internet.

My room will have a telephone port, but im not sure if you have to pay monthly or if you only have to plug in the modem?

Will i have to pay, or will the university pay for the phone call?

Please help!

you'll have to pay for the internet but the phone calls that you make dialing up to the internet will be charged to the university. it would only be a local call but would they allow you to do this?

Well if you are rooming at the university i am pretty sure that they will have a wireless network which you could access anytime and connect straight to the internet automatically when in range of the signal. Most big ones will let you do this free of charge. Also they will have computers with internet access in the library or something.

The universities we've been looking at (or looked at) have wired Ethernet in the dorms. At my daughter's college, they've even wired the surrounding town as well. (It's a college town.) Most apartments off campus have the same Internet connections as on campus. I'd be surprised if the university didn't already have some form of Ethernet available.

Yes in the US, most university have now a high speed internet access in the dorms. Outside the US it's not the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom