Laptop USB HUB

Status
Not open for further replies.

lavenderAC

In Runtime
Hi, I have laptop that only support one USB port. Since there is no PS/2 port to connect my mouse, both my mouse and my wireless adaptor(linksys) have to connect to that USB port. I went to buy a USB Hub from radioShack. And connect it to the port on my laptop. The mouse works fine for me, but the adaptor doesn't. The thing is it can detect the new hardware, wireless adaptor, but it can't connect to the net. It just shows network cable unplugged. And if i connect the adaptor USB directly to my laptop without using the hub, everything works fine.
Does anyone know why and how to fix it? The guy from RadioShack did told me that the USB hub I bought doesn't support power on its own, does it has anything to do with the problem of the adaptor? Thanks

Ok, I asked a friend, he told me its the current problem. Since one USB port can only provide 500 mA, the mouse use around 400? the adaptor needs more than 100 to use. Anyone has any suggestions to fix this? Is there USB hub that support power itself?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom