Laptop tethering for xbox live router settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerrodbordo

Beta member
Ok so I've been playing with this for about a week but I want to set some details in stone so I can have a constant connection. I have a satellite Toshiba running windows 7 and I already have the wifi and LAN connections bridged. These settings work just fine but the issue is with the wireless networks I'm working with. I piggy back off a neighbors network and he isn't home much so he basically gave me the keys to his network. I have full control of the router via http open port ip. This particular network doesn't catch the range of a standard wifi adapter for the 360 so I consider laptop tethering to be my best bet. I have static ip set for both xbox and laptop (automatic dhcp doesn't assign to xbox for some reason :/) QoS settings for the xbox mac address for high priority. and DMZ settings to forward all ports to the xbox's ip. The router has standard firmware and it's a wrt610N. Ive tried setting the MTU to a manual setting of 1500 and automatic. What settings need to be adjusted to let me stop getting MTU and NAT errors? Any help would be appreciated for the frustration.

In addition, there's also times where even the laptop can't connect to the router, simply says investigate router or modem issues!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom