Laptop to Laptop connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

looken

Beta member
May i ask about this problem ?
Sry maybe this question is way too noob for u guys =(
erm , my fren & i try to connect with 2 laptops without modem or router ( Acer Aspire 5740G and Acer Aspire 4750 ) , both running Windows 7 .
Is that possible to set it ?

May i ask about this problem ?
Sry maybe this question is way too noob for u guys =(
erm , my fren & i try to connect with 2 laptops without modem or router ( Acer Aspire 5740G and Acer Aspire 4750 ) , both running Windows 7 .
Is that possible to set it ?

erm , we did connected each other , but everytime we wan reconnect , will need to recreate the connection (host) , what happen to that ?

To create a WAN, isn't there a need for a router at least? Anyways, have you tried the crossover cable?

With out a modem and router???? is that possible??and what good is it for?? i have never heard of this. can someone explain it for me please .

Absolutely it is possible.

Good for file transfers and local networked games.

Of course, having a router or switch is easier but you do not have to have internet (modem) to have a network.

You can connect 2 laptops just with a cable (I'm not sure if you still need crossover cable, today NIC's could handle direct as well if I'm right) but only these 2 will be all network, no other connectivity like to internet.
If you want connectivity to internet for 2 laptops you need either:
- router
or
- have 2 network interfaces on one laptop (one wired one wireless for example), one use for local network a second one to the internet and share it for 1st.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom