Laptop Has no connection to Wifi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shenvoid01

In Runtime
Hello all, as of a few days ago my mom's Dell Laptop with Windows 7 has no longer been able to connect to the wireless LAN. The router she uses is a D-Link DIR-625. She called her isp Comcast, but they could not detect a problem with the internet connection. Since this problem is also occurring on a pc in her house that connects through a wireless network adapter I was convinced that this was a problem with either the network or the router. However, another pc in her house is directly connected to the router via ethernet and is capable of internet access. I decided to call D-Link's tech support and after many message recordings and foreign accents I was informed by one of these "technicians" that there are several errors in noted in the event viewer log of the internet capable pc that I allowed him remote access to that interfere with the wireless connection. He then had the gall to propose to fix the problem for >$100 with some "tool" called Support Dock. Currently all wireless computers have limited connectivity to the network and no internet. So far the event viewer log is my only lead to finding the cause and solution to this problem, and it's flimsy at best. The router itself displays that the wireless and internet capabilities are intact. Any thoughts?

Comcast can only check for hardwired systems. Not for wireless.

Don't pay D-Link anything. While their products are great, their customer service isn't.

Did you try resetting the router? Could just be electric interference, too. How far are your systems away from the router?

Have you changed anything before this all happened? Does the laptop wireless work if it is right next to the router?

I finally managed to solve the problem. It turns out my mom did not have the ethernet cable connecting the modem to the router but to no avail the laptop still could not connect to the wifi. After this discovery I deduced that the ethernet cable connecting the modem and the router was worn. Aside from noticing some small cracks in the plastic covering of the boot it seemed fine, but I decided to replace the cable anyway and adjusted the antennae. Within a minute the laptop had wireless with internet capability once again.
Thank you all.
Good deal and good day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom