Laptop dropping wireless signal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Peter, chill. I'm saying that I never had a problem with Atheros, therefore it may not be the card, but the router. As the laptop's wireless works elsewhere.

And Peter, that wasn't inconstructive. I worked with many Athero based computers and laptops. Never had a single problem. Don't know where you're coming from.

then offer a fix or something constructive to try that could lead towards a resolution of the issue rather than saying you never had a problem with atheros cards. there's plenty of documentation online to suggest issues with that specific model card and that router with the encryption being the source of the issue, so naturally it makes sense to have the OP try that because it's an easy enough fix. I'm not basing my suggestion on my own personal experience because I've never owned a netgear router. You're entitled to your opinion, if you haven't had a problem with Atheros cards and netgear routers then that's fine and dandy, but the OP is having an issue so obviously your experience of an issue free past is rendered moot. I'm not trying to be a ***** or anything, but save your commentary for the OT section.

And to your knowledge as well.

While I am adding information to this thread, the OP is still trying what you said. I am only speaking my experiences with the subject at hand. A little more knowledge didn't kill anyone.

Just wait for the OP to get back to this.

Hey guys, switching the encryption seemed to work. She only had to reconnect once, and that was shortly after I changed the encryption. Thanks so much for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom